Anger & Answers

Sometimes it’s okay to be angry – at injustice, hunger, poverty and discrimination.   These are universal struggles that require the entire global community to focus on seeking answers, rather than assessing blame.

It starts with me.  Today, I will join the community and focus my energies on solutions.

“It is wise to direct your anger towards problems – not people; to focus your energies on answers – not excuses.”
William Arthur Ward

1. bilafond says:

Always loved your short and crisp messages/posts. Thank you

And I always love that you stop by for a visit!!! It is a pleasure to read your encouraging comments…

2. lizziejoy10 says:

Thank you for your thought-provoking article. One thing I’ve realised is that whatever we focus on, we produce – whether positive or negative. If we focus on the badness, misery and suffering in the world, we feed it with our thought energy. Ann Frank said: “I don’t think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.” I especially like the words of Horatio Bonar: “Think truly, and thy thoughts shall the world’s famine feed.”
    A few months ago, I wrote in my journal: “Suffering and cruelty have affected me deeply throughout my life, but I have learned to turn the situation around. It doesn’t mean that I don’t see the world’s pain, just that I choose not to focus upon it. For, according to the Law of Attraction, we get more of what we focus on.” I always try to remember this now.

Well said!!! I agree wholehearted!! What we think and focus on becomes written on our face. Focusing on darkness paralyzes our soul. Solutions focus on good and noble results – not on the current state! Thank you Lizzie, for sharing your wisdom.

3. There is this that goes something like this: “Be angry and sin not.” My mom always said: “Don’t go to sleep angry”. We need to examine our anger to be sure it is just and then do all in our power to make change.

I agree!! I have often thought of that seemingly contradictory sentence – “Be angry and sin not.” Anger is a complex subject! We all feel it, but really don’t understand the emotion, especially within the context of generating a positive outcome. Thank you for sharing your wisdom.

4. Fresh tomatoes; I are jealous!

They are lovely, aren’t they! What would we do without tomatoes? Pizza would never be the same again. Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Much appreciated!!!

1. Nobody uses enough tomato sauce on pizza anymore! But I would put them on steaks.

🙂

5. mixedupmeme says:

I try not to be angry with myself. 😦

And that is a good thing…it is the trying that counts!! Thank you for joining the dialogue – much appreciated.