An Artist Takes Tea

“After tea it’s back to painting – a large poplar at dusk with a gathering storm. From time to time instead of this evening painting session I go bowling in one of the neighbouring villages, but not very often.” Gustav Klimt

I never connect ordinary daily routine events with artists who are almost bigger than life.  I imagine them contemplating a colour, agonizing over a brush stroke or impatiently throwing open window shutters to bring more light into the room.  It seems that even greatness must stop for a cup of tea.

Belvedere Palace at the end of the day.

The residence of the legendary painting “The Kiss.”

“The Kiss hangs over my bed.” Obviously not the original. LOL. If you look at my ” Inside the Holler” post you’ll see the repro.
    This statement of mine reminds me of a nurse I once worked with who was asking me how I was decorating public mental health offices and I said with Renoirs and she said, “Oh, originals?”
    Uhhhh, no.
    Love Klimt. The residence is quite stunning isn’t it?

You gave me my first laugh of the morning!!! Whether its the original or not, “The Kiss” is always the center. I agree – the residence is stunning. We stayed in the hotel right next to us and I tried to imagine what it would be like to have a palace in my neighborhood at home.

2. lizziejoy10 says:

A link to another type of tea. I seem to be finding them everywhere without even looking. Synchronicity!! http://theurgetowander.com/2012/10/27/weekly-photo-challenge-foreign/

I love synchronicity!! What an exciting blog – everyone should stop by for a visit! http://theurgetowander.com/2012/10/27/weekly-photo-challenge-foreign/ This post is all about Natcha tea. I have had the pleasure of drinking Matcha, but I have never made it with the special brush. Delicious and very, very nutritious. Thanks so much for adding to this blog – very much appreciated!!!

3. artdone says:

And now a whole Jubilee Exhibition of Gustav Klimt:
    This year is his 150 birhday anniversary…
    Great palace (actually two!) and great exhibition over there – not only Klimt 😉

Thank you so much for your link!!! What a wonderful addition to this post! http://artdone.wordpress.com/2012/07/14/jubilee/ I have learned a great deal about art since I started to follow your blog. Each one of your posts is an affirmation that art is a gift to our world. I encourage everyone to visit Artdone!