The Mark of an Education

“It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.”

Aristotle

Just a question – has anyone figured out how to do this?

1. Hi Rebecca

Great quote! That Aristotle surely knew a thing or two! xx

He certainly did!!! Great to have you back and on line again. Thank you so much for stopping by – your visits are much appreciated!!!

2. LaVagabonde says:

Not really sure what he means…I must not be educated enough!

I want to let you know that some of your blog posts don’t show up in my Reader, including this one, which I saw on Twitter.

I love your honesty!!! It is a mark of being educated. As the saying goes, the more you learn, the more you don’t know. A good example is WordPress! I have no idea why my posts are not showing up in the reader. I have found that to be the case as well with others so I signed up to receive the e-mail prompts so I won’t miss any of the bloggers that I follow. Perhaps it is because I schedule my posts for a later time (1 hour in the future) rather than publishing them directly. I always want to complete a last minute check to see if everything looks OK. I must confess, I am still learning WordPress as I go along…

1. LaVagabonde says:

WordPress can be confusing, and I think that there are lots of bugs. It’s happened to me, too.

Glad that I’m not alone…

3. subhashacharya says:

Reblogged this on subhashacharya and commented:
    great site , i would like to like this site.
    pl. visit http://www.infiniteinfotech.net

4. subhashacharya says:

Reblogged this on subhashacharya and commented:
    thanks.

5. bilafond says:

What it means be open to ideas and do not reject what you read or hear straight away . All knowledge is useful. Ideas can be modified to suit different situations for different people. It also in my opinion means that once you start doing it you are building a reservoir. Age and experience allows you to modify your thoughts and habits. What do you say 🙂

As usual I love your crisp posts.

Thank you for your insightful comments. I especially appreciate your words: “All knowledge is useful. Ideas can be modified.” What an excellent thought to have as a basis for every conversation, discussion, debate, argument. There were be more friendships, stronger communities and a more peaceful world.

6. Probably not totally. If we disagree, we raise objections and think because we don’t agree it isn’t worth our time or thought.

I love how you turn a phrase. You are so right – if we don’t agree with simply dis-allow the possibility and dismiss it from our minds.

7. Juggling? Telling jokes? tee hee 🙂

Here’s a good juggling quote for you! “A jazz musician is a juggler who uses harmonies instead of oranges.” Benny Green 🙂

1. That’s just fabulous, thank you!

My pleasure!!!

8. PragueByKaty says:

I don’t know, but I am reading Vitruvius Ten book sabout architecture right now, it is sooo interesting in all terms, not only about architecture. Really inspirative.

A kindred spirit!! Learning has a way of filling our lives with sunshine. Thank you so much for your comments – I very much appreciate your visit!!!