It Really Is Simple

Equality

“Before God we are all equally wise – and equally foolish.”

Albert Einstein

Equality is straightforward.  Winston Churchill once said, “All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honour, duty, mercy, hope.”  Equality is one of those single words that embodies a “great” concept that appeals to our emotional sensibilities.  But its true meaning can only be fully understood and integrated within our lives through action.  Experience is a rigorous taskmaster. Khalil Gibran wrote, “Coming generations will learn equality from poverty, and love from woes.” When we walk with others, we embrace their needs as our own.

Perhaps, it really is that simple.

“In the end we shall have had enough of cynicism, scepticism and humbug, and we shall want to live more musically.”
Vincent van Gogh

Walking WITH others is the key; not in front of, or behind, but side by side. And I love the quote from Vincent van Gogh.

I agree – it is the key that opens the doors to the best of all possibilities!!! You reminded me of a quote by Albert Camus. Thank you…

Thanks for the link to the quote. Lovely. I feel special! I think like Albert Camus 🙂

I knew that you were special from the very first! 🙂

2. We make our lives so complex, abhor simplicity. Is that where we go wrong?

I have been thinking a great deal about the concepts of simplicity and complexity. I think there is merit to both. We embrace simplicity and then find ways to implement it into our very complex world.

1. Thanks for this, Rebecca! Sometimes life surprises us and stops us short in our tracks. Stumbling blocks can be turned into stepping stones if we look for the opportunities to discover something different. Those of you who embrace simplicity seem to be on to something!!

A wonderful analogy – stumbling blocks into stepping stones. This is the first time I have ever heard this saying and I LOVE it!!!! A gift for my day.

3. ZazuMove says:

Wonderful posts and quotes, especially that of Khalil Gibran. Thank you for sharing! Wish you a wonderful day full of happiness & love, Katharina

Thank you so much – I am pleased that you stopped by for a visit and joined the dialogue!!!

1. ZazuMove says:

My absolute pleasure! Wish you a wonderful day 🙂

Thank you!!! 🙂

Oh dear, oh dear! Will it take poverty and woes to teach us equality? I like Churchill’s words on this. We need to watch our philosophy daily. It is much more than back and white, rich or poor or wise or foolish. It starts with our attitude towards others.

It seems that we learn best with experience. I agree – it starts with our attitude towards others.
      “You can only come to the morning through the shadows.”
      ― J.R.R. Tolkien

5. tuttacronaca says:

Just to say to you how much I appreciate your blogs and your presence!
    THANK YOU!!!

My dear friend! You bring the world to my computer in the language that I have been trying to learn over the past few years. Thank you so much for creating an extraordinary blog – I marvel at your diligence and variety of information. I am honoured and delighted with your nomination. I am even more excited that we connected over the blogger miles and that we are sharing an amazing adventure.

6. Doris says:

I put the word simplifying on twitter a couple of years ago, many friends wrote to me and ask me what that meant, I was surprised, all I can think of was REALLY are they out of their minds, it’s a simple concept yet we do not apply it, 3 years ago on New Year’s I decided to simplify my life in all aspect of my life, and you know what life is easier. Good post my word to you is…Loved (friend or content or splendid or peaceful, can think of many words that describe you.)

P.S. this gave me an Idea for a poem 😉

I look forward to reading the poem!! We are on opposite sides of the globe and yet we travel the same path. I decided to simplify my life on New Years 2011. I have gone through all my closets and cupboards, my drawers and file folders. I even culled my precious library. I walk instead of using the car, I recycle and I stopped wasting food. Simplifying my life has made me realize what is important – friendship, peace, forgiveness, hope. I am so glad that we connected.

1. Doris says:

Exactly, for me it was a couple of years ago…I am still throwing things it is crazy how we hold on to so many things, sometimes they are useless, I am so happy we have connected too. Have a great day!

We are on the same path….and I am celebrating!! 🙂 !!!