Wake Up!

Dreams

“Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.”

Gloria Steinem

I have always considered dreams to be possibilities waiting, begging us to take them out for a spin drive.  There is always a leap of some kind involved because dreams take us from point A to point B, usually at an accelerated speed. For once we have taken the first tentative step it seems that we lose our footing only to be swept away into unknown territory, much like Alice in Wonderland.  This is the profound moment when imagination engages with reality.

Paul Valéry, French poet, essayist, and philosopher, once said, “The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.” Dreams become concrete when we act upon those ideas born in moments of creative imaginings.

One thing is certain; we will be in a different place.

“I can’t go back to yesterday because I was a different person then.”
Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

1. What would I do if I couldn’t dream and plan? Keeps me going everyday

I’m with you – I would be lost without my dreams!!! They keep me going, too! Always moving me forward…

“Dreams are the touchstones of our character.”
      Henry David Thoreau

I am not sure I am living my dream when I wake up, but each day is certainly unknown territory and sometimes very like being Alice in Wonderland.

Then we are indeed kindred spirits!

“Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.”
      ― Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

3. Such a lovely post Rebecca. We would all be lost if we didn’t have our dreams. It gives us something to reach for, to look forward to, to hope for.

4. Each morning is a new chance to start again towards the realisation of one’s dream, even if the previous day has knocked one off course – as life often has a habit of doing. And of course one might come up with new and better dreams in the meantime. Oh, what choices we have before us!

I was considering a week on “choices” and here you are bringing up my thoughts on paper.

“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
      ― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

1. We always were kindred spirits! 🙂

5. arjun bagga says:

In my own candid way, I many times say “Yesterday I was a fool”

I do too!! Maybe that is what gives us courage for today. Your presence is very much appreciated.

Thank you, again!

6. indiferent says:

I like profound moments with your post … Thank you.

I look forward to your visits! You are starting your day, and I am finishing mine! A great time to meet.

We hope our dreams are happy ones, rewarding ones, etc. Dreams can be scary! But the first step out is the hardest and times ahead will prove it was good to take that first step.

Yes!! Dreams can be very scary!

“Do one thing every day that scares you.”
      ― Eleanor Roosevelt