Happy Father’s Day

“When a father gives to his son, both laugh; when a son gives to his father, both cry.”

William Shakespeare

Happy Father's Day

Today, the third Sunday of June, Canada is celebrating Father’s Day, along with many other countries throughout the world. But there are countries that set aside other days for honouring their fathers.   In Russia, it is February 23rd, while Switzerland, Italy and Spain it is March 19th and Australia and New Zealand, it is the first Sunday in September.

I want to especially thank the remarkable fathers who work tirelessly to support and encourage their children through all the stages of their lives.  You are contributing to the future by leaving a legacy in the hearts of your children to pass to the next generation.

Father’s Day is everyday.

“To a father growing old nothing is dearer than a daughter.”

Euripides

1. Father’s day is everyday !. . . . very well said. I am personally most honored by this wisdom. Thank you so much my dear friend 🙂

And thank you, my dear friend, for your encouraging comments! You are pure sunshine!

2. Doris says:

So true father’s day should be every day. great quote

Thank you, my dear friend! 🙂

3. My cynical soul wonders if Euripides was thankful to have a daughter to llok after him in old age !!!

You and me both, Valerie. There is very much of an irony in that last quote…. 🙂

Happy Father’s Day. As you rightly state, we will celebrate our Fathers in September and every day in between 🙂

What I love about you is that you know how to celebrate each day with enthusiasm!!!

5. adinparadise says:

I celebrated my father’s memory, and the wonderful dads in my extended family. Lovely sunny photo, Rebecca. 🙂

I celebrated my father’s memory this year, too! Just the other day, I read this quote and realized the truth in Dostoyesky’s words. Humanity has the greatest capacity to understand joy even through loss…

“It’s the great mystery of human life that old grief passes gradually into quiet tender joy.”
      ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky

6. ladysighs says:

My husband received a nice letter from our son about the care he had received. He wrote that now it was his turn to return the caring. 🙂
    It was very comforting to us as we are in the “care needing age”.
    It’s funny how you wake up one morning and realize that. 😦 lol

I love your son!!!! There is a moment when you realize that life has moved to a different stage. We are so eager to provide help and support, but it is more difficult to accept help and support because we don’t want to be a burden. And yet, there is such joy in the transition when you embrace a new dimension of living. On my last birthday, I chose this quote for my new year…I think you will like it, too!

“With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come.”
      ― William Shakespeare

7. Always up for celebrating anything. Loved my daddy, a very good man. 🙂

Me too!!! I’m so glad that I had my dad’s guidance and discernment throughout the years. Even though he has passed, I remember his gentle wisdom and acts of kindness…

8. I would like to think my Dad would agree with that quote, however, I think he’s more likely to say that we made him old before his time

I do love your dad!!! His humour and joy of life comes through in every one of your posts. A big hello from the “Canadian cousins” coming his way!

9. In Germany there is not officially Father’s Day. On Ascension Day, we celebrate unofficially … Father’s Day, Men’s Day, Lord’s Day … As everyone likes.
    We take the bike from pub to pub decorated with lilac branches, others go by Kremser (horse cart), or go on foot … We drink beer and are cheerful. : D

What a great way to celebrate! I never knew about this – so thank you so much for adding to my understanding. I just looked it up and found the German words: (Vatertag / Maennertag, Herrentag. You just made my day!! Thank you…

1. I’m always happy when I can present you something new … 😉

The best part of blogging is sharing and exchanging knowledge. So glad that we are connected!

Yes, very true/ Father’s Day is every day. And those who have gone before us have left us a legacy that is so powerful.

I think that you will like this quote! 🙂
      “The heart of a father is the masterpiece of nature.”
      ― Antoine François Prévost, Manon Lescaut