Happy Valentine’s Day

“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”

Lao Tzu

Celebrating Valentine’s Day is about gratitude for love and friendship

Thank you to my writer friends who have created stories that give meaning to my days.

Thank you to the artists who have shared their vision with the world.

Thank you to the poets, philosophers, teachers and mentors, who have challenged me to think deeply and embrace new knowledge.

To all my family and friends who live close and far.  Your support and encouragement has given strength, beauty and wisdom to my journey.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

“When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”

Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

1. What a lovely Valentine’s Day post! So thoughtful of you. The roses are lovely.

Liked by 2 people

Thank you so much for our amazing conversations – more to come!!!

Liked by 2 people

1. I look forward to them!

2. Jean-Jacques says:

Beautiful post… Love that beautiful Lao Tzu quote, so perfectly said, and once experienced, you know it to be perfectly true. Indeed the ultimate gift…!

Liked by 3 people

Isn’t it interesting that a truth remains a truth over the centuries. I agree wholeheartedly, love is the ultimate gift. Thank you for your words of poetry.

Liked by 1 person

Happy Valentines Day sweet friend!

Liked by 2 people

I think this is our 10th together! Happy Happy Valentine’s Day, Cindy. Sending hugs…

Liked by 1 person

4. Rebecca, thank you for sharing the quotes and your thoughts on this lovely occasion. I do admire that you are a wonderful, kind-hearted human being – as evidenced by the various posts and comments you shared with us. We wish you a lovely day – today and all those days/years ahead.

Liked by 2 people

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for your support and encouragement over the years. Together, we hare shedding light in dark places. Life is the very best when shared with kindred spirits.

Liked by 2 people

5. Happy Valentines, my dearest Rebecca! Beautifully written! 🙂 xoxoxo

Liked by 1 person

Thank you so much for sharing your marvelous artistry and music with the world. Happy happy Valentine’s Day. Hugs coming back with all speed.

1. Thank You, my dearest Rebecca for the love! Msny hugs back and Happy Sunday! 🤗😘

6. Carolyn Page says:

Wonderful thoughts, Rebecca, and such a delightful video. The roses are especially beautiful; the music superb!
    I am hoping you’ve had a Happy Valentine’s Day.

Liked by 1 person

You have added to the celebration of St. Valentine’s Day, Carolyn. Thank you for your posts that encourage us to live our best lives. Hugs!!!!

Liked by 1 person

7. Thank you, dear Rebecca, for your beautiful post and encouraging words!:) All the best Martina

Liked by 1 person

Thank you for being a part of my journey and bringing encouragement in all the comments and discussions we have had over the years. Hugs from across the miles.

Liked by 1 person

1. Let’s try to go on striving!:)

Liked by 1 person

I’m with you Martina!! Hugs!

8. Such exquisite roses and perfect quotes for Valentine’s Day. Loving and being loved are the greatest blessings that life can bestow. Thank you for your friendship and wonderful posts. 😍🤗

Liked by 1 person

How very well said, Sylvia. Our lives are enriched by our family, friends and our fellow creatures that travel the world with us. Your blog is a demonstration of the joy that comes from embracing nature.

9. Mary Jo Malo says:

Thank you for sharing kindness, love and beauty through your endeavors. We can bring light to darkness through these virtues. Warm hugs and many blessings for you.

Liked by 1 person

Thank you so much for your friendship and presence in my life! Hugs and more hugs!

Liked by 1 person

10. It’s great people celebrate it, and you have great pictures, too! It looks like it was nice and warm there..
    I never celebrated Valentine’s Day up to 46 years of age and we have rarely celebrated it also during last 16 years. I find the local weather very terrible around this time, but at this moment I was also totally exhausted after putting up the show. I have prohibited my husband to buy roses which are so much pushed out on chemicals that they do not last even few days.
    I do adore people who would create cards and do a lot of special cooking and decorating for this day.
    Best wishes!

Liked by 1 person

You reminded me of one of my favourite poets, Edna St. Vincent Millay, who wrote, “I will be the gladdest thing under the sun! I will touch a hundred flowers and not pick one.” I’m delighted that your enjoyed the photos and video. These were taken in September when we visited Victoria,British Columbia. We were at the legislature buildings, a great place to visit and view the rose gardens that surround the buildings. No one is allowed to pick the blooms, so they last into late October. I agree – there are many wonderful cards that celebrate love. By the way, I wish that I could attend your showing. Your paintings are remarkable.

11. J.D. Riso says:

Happy Belated Valentines Day💕

Liked by 1 person

So glad you joined the celebration, which is still going on… Hugs!

12. Annika Perry says:

Thank you, Rebecca, for your wonderful and warm friendship, encouragement, support … our ‘chats’ here always inspiring and enriching. I appreciate the video gift of the roses … perfect for Valentine’s Day and hope you had a special celebration. hugs winging there way across the ‘pond’! xx ❤️

Liked by 1 person

Thank you for sharing Valentine’s Day with me. I’m very interested in creating videos as a way to celebrate the beauty of our world and the creative endeavours of artists, writers and poets. I continue to learn and explore new venues to connect within a virtual community that thrives on the exchange of knowledge and experience. Always enjoy our conversations!